Ambassador Bishop Dr. Lee C. Gilliam, Sr., Pastor
New Second Baptist Church
WITH A VISION
GOD'S WILL &
|3939 Deodar St.
Hon. Rev. Dave Williams, Sr. St.
East Chicago, Indiana 46312
Telephone# 219 398-4322
Fax# 219 398-0031
Pastor Lee Charles Gilliam, Sr.,
I was raised up in the church, accepted Christ at an early age, and was a member of Moses Spiritual
Temple, where I was baptized by the Late Pastor Mother Finney as a child, when I became a teenager, I
was doing my own thing and it didn’t include going to God’s house every Sunday. After I got married, I
went occasionally. Through all of that my mother, my grandmother and my wife never stopped praying for
me. I was still running from God. I knew he had a job for me, but I didn’t want HIM as an employer.
I found the streets more attractive than God’s house, but in 1985, I decided to turn my life back over to
God. I joined Second Baptist Church and has been an active member ever since. In 1990 God offered me a
job and I finally accepted his offer. Studying under the late Pastor Dave Williams, Sr., I became an
ordained minister in 1992.
Pastor Williams was called home in March of 1993, and I was chosen in June of 1993, as the new Pastor of
Second Baptist Church. As I began to grow spiritually, so did the membership of the church. God gave me
a vision and I have been laboring in His vineyard, working toward that vision. Through his teaching, God
has been blessing New Second Baptist Church. In the short 15 years I have been Pastor, great things has
been happening over at Miracle Place and Vision Blvd (3939 Deodar Street). “Holy Ghost” headquarters.
Under the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit; God has truly blessed us to be a blessing to the community.
• Honorary Doctor’s Degree in Pastoral Counseling from Harvest-in-Time Ministry in January 2008
• President of Twin City Ministerial Alliance
• 3rd VP of National Baptist Convention
• Live broadcasting over 13 years on WGVE 88.7
• 22 & 3 Ordained Ministers under his Pastoral ship
• Tithing and seed planting membership
• Sanctuary remodeled upper and lower
• Prison Ministry, Youth Ministry, Drama Ministry, TV Ministry
• Watch care Program / Children Creative Daycare
• Established Mentoring Programs; Entrepreneurship Programs
• Boys to Men & Young Women in Training Program
• Feed the Homeless, Food Baskets, Winter Attire Drive
• Honorary Street Name— Rev. Dave Williams Street
• Dress for Success Program
Little did I know that there was a storm brewing over the ocean? A storm that may have me questioning
my faith, my belief, and who I was. A storm that would divide the church and families, but I remember
what my mother said, never forsake God nor your family. God will always provide. With God at the helm
and my family & faithful friends praying and God as the anchor, the boat was rolling and a rocking, but it
wasn’t sinking. Some family & friends fell overboard but the ones that were supposed to be there was safe
in God’s hands.